Kanjar Circle

. Map 04862 252494 cikanjaridk.pol@kerala.gov.in

Came into existence

The Circle was formed on 09.03.1987 vide GO(MS) 17/87 dated 03.02.1987 with 3 police stations, namely Kanjar , Kulamavu and Karimkunnam and an Out Post at Muttom. On 01.08.2002 Karimkunnam Police Station was excluded from this Circle and attached to Thodupuzha Circle, vide GO(MS)105/2002/Home dated 06.07.2002. The office was shifted to the new building constructed in the Police quarters compound Kanjar on 23.10.2005 which was inaugurated by Shri. Oommen Chandy,Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala.

Kanjar Police Station

Kanjar Police Station was opened by Sri. N. Chandrasekaran Nair IPS, Inspector General of Police on 10.11.1955 as per government order GH2-20696/55/CS dated 30.09.1955 . This was formerly an out post of Thodupuzha Police Station. The building and compound covering an area of 44 cents survey NO. 547/5 and 6 was gifted by M/s Haji P.M. Suliman Rawther and his brother Mohammed Rawther who were the residents of Kanjar. The building No is KP II/281. The new Station building was completed and opened on 31.12.1976 Vide GO(rt)114/77/Home(Home E) dated 12.01.1977, by the Hon. Minister for Home Sri. K. Karunakaran in a function, presided by Sri. V.N.Rajan IPS, Inspector General of Police, Kerala. The station started functioning in this new building from 31.12.1976 on wards. This Police Station was declared as Model Police Station vide order No. 223/Camp/92-ID dated 02.03.1992 of Superindent Of Police Idukki.

Kulamavu Police Station

Kulamavu Police Station was formerly an Out Post of Idukki Police Station. Kulamavu Police Out post was upgraded as a charging Police Station as per GO(RT) No. 744/71/Home dated TVM 20.05.1971. GO(MS) No. 76/71/Home dated 20.05.1971.This Police Station was inaugurated by Sri. C.K. Narayanan, Superintendent of Police ,Eranakulam Rural, on 01.06.1971. The Station house is located in a building No. C2-443 in Kulamavu KSEB Colony in Kulamavu kara in Idukki Village .

Muttom Police Station

Muttom Police Station was opened by Sri.Ramesh Chennithala, Honorable Minister for Home and Vigilance on 11.01.2016 as per government order No. 80/2016/Home Dated 08.01.16. This was formerly an out post of Kanjar Police Station. This Out Post was opened on during 1949 GO ROC No. 382/49/Home dated. 18.6.1949.

Kanjar Circle Office, Kanjar, Kulamavu and Muttom Police stations are situated on the side of the Thodupuzha-Puliyanmala State Highway.

The distance from Kanjar Circle office to Kanjar Police Station, Muttom and Kulamavu Police Station are 100 meters, 8 KM and 18 KM respectively.

Jurisdiction borders

Karimkunnam, Thodupuzha, Karimannoor Police Stations of Idukki District and Melukavu Police Station of Kottayam District share the boundaries of Muttom Police Station.

Idukki, Karimannoor, Vagamon and Upputhara Police Stations are the neighbouring Police Stations of Kulamavu Police Station.

Accident Prone Areas

The Thodupuzha-Puliyanmala State Highway which is passing through the Kanjar Circle has 12 sharp curves within a distance of 14 KM from Arakkulam to Nadukani. There is also chances for fog and so vehicles should be driven with utmost care.

Major establishments and offices

  • Moolamattom Power House and Switch Yard are located within a distance of 6 kilometer away from Kanjar Police Station
  • Malankara Dam is situated within 2 kilometer away from muttom Police Station.
  • Court complex, District Jail, Govt. Polytechnic and Mahatma Gandhi Engineering College are situated at Muttom within the jurisdiction of muttom Police Station.
  • Govt. Health Centers are functioning at Kudayathoor, Arakkulam, Poochapra and Pannimattam within the jurisdiction of Kanjar Police Station.
  • Kulamavu Dam is situated just one kilometer away from Kulamavu Police Station