Passport Cell , Idukki
Passport cell idukki was established on 08-01-2004 at Painavu.The office is located 500 meters away from Painavu junction ,near the camp office of the District Collector. Passport office’s quarters no is C 11.
The office is under the guidance of District Police Chief Idukki, The District Nodal Officer is of rank DySP Special Branch Idukki, assistant Nodal Officer is Sri. K V Denny ASI. and its state Regional Office is at Panampilly Nagar Cochin.
Services we provide
Any resident of Idukki District who apply Passport for the first time can approach us.We provide the Passport for the fresher’s only.The services like Reissue,PCC, Tatkaal,ECNR etc are not be provided from us .
How you can apply for a new Passport
- Step 1 Submit the filled application form and self-attested photocopies of the supporting documents (also bring original documents for verification) at District Passport Cell Office .
- Step 2 Official at the District Passport Cell will verify the application form, photograph and the documents. Once the same are successfully verified and found to be complete in all respects, pay the fees in form of Demand Draft (DD).
- Step 3 Collect the Acknowledgment Letter after fee submission which contains a File Number. This file number can be used later for tracking the file status using the "Track Application Status" link on the Home page of Passport Seva Online Portal.
- Should contain the Applicant Name, Date of Birth and Date of Submission of the application form .
- Should be Issued by a scheduled bank
- Should be valid for at least next 60 days from date of submission at District Passport Cell
- Should contain exact amount of fee, as applicable.Demand Draft address should be as PAO-MEA payable at Cochin
- Should be recent and colored with a white background
- Should be of standard passport size (4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Should be pasted in the specified box on application form
- Should not be signed/stamped
- Bring the self-attested photocopies along with the original documents
- Bring only one documentary proof for each applicable document category
- Mention the details of each submitted document in the ENCLOSURES section, and properly affix the same with the application form
- Ensure that there is no mismatch between the details specified in the application form and the ones visible in the enclosed documentary proofs(SSLC Book ,birth certificate, Voter ID card, Aaadhar card,Ration card, Bank pass book, Driving license etc….)
Passport Application Form
- Use the new Passport Application Form format only
- You can download latest Passport Application Form from Passport Seva Online Portal http://www.passportindia.gov.in . The downloaded form should be printed back to back on standard A4 size papers .
- Alternatively, the same can be purchased at the District Passport Cell itself for Rs. 10/-
- Must be signed or filled with thumb impression at the following places:-Within the designated box below the photograph, and Under the Self Declaration section on last page.